Our vision for The Vale is a landmark new community that will offer a high quality lifestyle within a unique North Somerset setting. It will be a desirable place to live, visit and enjoy key facilities, attractive landscapes with stunning views and sustainable transport opportunities located on the doorstep.
We believe that for The Vale to be a success it needs local people to shape it and be influential in making decisions on delivering infrastructure that will benefit the entire district and drive growth in the local economy, alongside creating abundant green open space opened up for public use. While we understand residents may have concerns, we urge you to share your opinions with us. Should The Vale be granted permission, the new villages would be better with your input.
We would particularly welcome your views on:
- Local housing needs: is there sufficient housing for younger and older residents; what kind of affordable homes are needed?
- Travel & transport: the South Link Road has a dedicated Metrobus lane. What other transport and traffic measures would you like to see?
- Water & drainage: we are undertaking extensive surveys to understand all drainage issues, but please share your local knowledge with us.
- Employment & business: what space do local businesses need - and where? What training will help create opportunities for local people?
- Education needs: primary schools, new secondary school and/or a further education college – tell us what is needed…and where.
- Healthcare & local services: healthcare sits outside the planning process, but we could include space for new GP surgeries and dentists…what is most needed?
- Sports & community facilities: this is an opportunity to provide purpose-built sports and other facilities – what should we include?
- Landscape, ecology & public open space: much of the land won’t be developed, but will be public open space, even new parkland…what would you like to see?
- Village design: are there existing villages or neighbourhoods which you particularly like, that we could consider in the design of the new villages?
Keep Me Informed
Stay up to date with the latest news about The Vale by signing up to our mailing list:
We need your views & ideas
We are actively seeking community involvement, thoughts and feedback. We will be holding liaison meetings, workshops and exhibitions to make sure the views of local people are incorporated into our plans. You can register and feedback here for more information.